Vaccination coverage for First Nations communities
Some vaccine-preventable diseases have almost disappeared among First Nations.
Between 2011 and 2016:
Without ongoing vaccination efforts, these diseases can become more common again.
Health care providers play an important role in achieving vaccination coverage goals for First Nations.
Canada’s goal by 2025:
95% of Canadian children will have received all recommended doses of childhood vaccinations on time.Footnote 2
As health care providers you can contribute towards achieving higher vaccination coverage for First Nations by:
- keeping your vaccination practice and knowledge current
- reviewing client vaccination records at each health visit
- facilitating open discussion with clients about vaccination
- providing reliable vaccine resources to clients
Check out the First Nations vaccination resources for health care providers, parents, caregivers and communities:
- PDF Version (3.6 Mb, 1 page)